Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Barn Wood


Where to start with this piece.  My mother in law gave this to my husband and I when we got married...ages ago and it has sat in the basement...as a gem waiting to be discovered.

My husbands grandpa actually made this out of old barn wood!  My main concern was keeping the integrity of this piece, I lightly sanded it down to keep all the imperfections and texture.  I then brushed stain on and rubbed it off IMMEDIATELY with a wet rag.  The stain picked up all the imperfections as I had hoped.

I LOVE THIS PIECE!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is darling- love the finish- what a great piece!! Would love for you to come share at Feathered Nest Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is AWESOME! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping back by by to say thanks for linking this up at my party this week- love seeing this charmer again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...