Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My first attempt to upholster!

Before:

I found these chairs at the local thrift store.  They were $5 each so I decided to take them and give upholstering a try!  

After:



The caning on one of the chairs was broken so I had to recover the back of the chair too.  I love how they turned out.  I defiantly learned a lot I ripped the staples out a few times and redid them more than once.  But I did enjoy doing it and I will try again! Plus there is no sewing involved!  Everything is stapled to the chair!!  My kind of project!
The frame I painted with Annie Sloan's Chalk paint and distressed it with some sand paper!


Brooke

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks beautiful! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job! I would take a staple gun over a sewing machine anyday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...