Thursday, January 31, 2013

Staging, I should know better!

I refinished these beds awhile back and took these pictures (Yes, I was being lazy).  They look alright and really show the details of the beds.  However, they were not selling and there seemed to be no interest in them either.

Being a hobbyist photographer I should know that a picture most of the time sells an item, so I decided to be unlazy (is that even a word? spell check says it isn't but I like it so it stays!)

I rearranged my front room and brought up the headboards!  I don't have a queen mattress, so my girls and I gathered all (I mean ALL) of our pillows and stacked stacked stacked!

Wouldn't you know I sold the Yellow one today, lets hope for the same on the blue one.  There has been lots of interest in it so far, FINGERS CROSSED!!

Lesson learned if I want to sell faster I need to take the time to stage my items!




  1. YAY on the sale! Yes, they look much better with little staging....but they still looked good before.
    You are making me want to do a headboard! Stop doing that : )

  2. Congrats on selling your bed, I'm sure the other one will be gone soon. You did a beautiful job staging them, yes, it's all in the presentation.

  3. It IS all about the staging. I sell most of my items on Craigslist, and items tend to sell way faster if I stage them nicely. Beautiful headboards!

  4. Absolutely made the difference ... like frosting on a cake. Glad you had one sale and betting you have a second one very soon.

  5. Staging does make a huge difference - night and day! Love both the headboards and the ruffly pillow in the last photo.
    Thanks for sharing,

  6. Congrats!! I know you will sell the blue one soon!

  7. great pillow!

    found you via FCC and we'd love to have you stop by when you have a moment!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...