Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Off to the Parade of Homes

I have always loved the Parade of Homes,   I can remember going as a young girl with my mom.  I love to see how a house is pulled together and all the new fun things they are putting in!  And of course there are always those few houses that leave you speechless.

You can imagine how excited I was when a Designer of one of the St George Utah Parade of Home, Megan Frandsen, came to me looking for a few items!

I am in love with the end result of these chairs.  As a Granddaughter to a cabinet builder I don't believe everything should be painted as I have seen and know the skill and beauty behind a wood piece, however I LOVE LOVE these chairs painted!!  After they are glazed the wood pressed design is AMAZING!!







Here you can see the difference glazing made!!



Megan really put me to the test when she asked for the spokes to stay wood, I was a little worried, but with Frogger Tape and LOTS of time to get them taped perfectly I am so glad she did.  The end result is beautiful!


These go with an oval table and 2 upholstered head chairs, if you follow me on Facebook you have already seem put together.  I will get you good pictures of the end project soon!  You will LOVE this table!


She also wanted some of the fun accessories I have been collecting for quite some time.  
I love how this lantern turned out.  It used to be white, but will a little duck egg chalk paint and dark wax it is now a beautiful piece!  (I really wanted to keep it for myself)



Look at this fun oval mirror, I actually painted two for her both to match.  I would have never chose red, but I am glad she did, I love how they turned out so pretty!


I used an oil based glaze to really make these details pop!


If you are headed to the St. George Parade of Homes, make sure you visit house #23 Megan has done a great job pulling everything together!!

TTFN

Brooke

linking here


5 comments:

  1. Hi, found you on Kathe With an E and love the chairs, mirrors and duck egg blue lantern to pieces!! I am going to have to pin them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you are such a creative painter. I love the chairs, they are stunning and the lantern is such a great color too. Beautiful work. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke,
    Your chairs caught my eye while visiting Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life. . .
    but your Duck's Egg Blue Lantern stole my heart, dear one!!!
    Getting ready to paint some Black Lanterns for a Spring Booth!
    Thought I wanted a gray tone, but now I'm torn. . .that blue is stunning!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. That style of chair is one of my favorites--they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chairs look wonderful, but I am a red person so that mirror is calling to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...