Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My daughter's Room


Before


After:







This Room has been so fun!  I wanted the walls to be very neutral and light.  Our rooms upstairs are small, so I wanted them to feel as big and open as possible.  My wonderful husband out did himself once again with the moldings in this room.  I love the chair rail design!  

The paint color for the wall is Halo by Benjamin Moore and the Molding is White Dove by Benjamin Moore.  

her bedroom furniture is actually pieces I have just collected.

The Dresser I found in the Classifieds for $35.  I painted it pink and added some hardware for a total of $100

The Night stand I found at a thrift store for $7.  I used some left over paint and bought the hardware for a total of $15

The Headboard was my great grandma's I just painted it white with some left over paint....Free

The mirror used to be in my room but in one of the moves the glass got broken, so we put some chicken wire in it to hold all of her hair flowers!

I made the pillows on the window seat...that post is here

I am almost done with the cushion for the window seat (I have been almost done for a month now)  One day it will be done and I will finish the window seat how I want it.  I need my mom's help with the cording and she is in pharmacy school so I am patiently waiting!!  She graduates in June, I am so proud of her!

She is 3 and really wanted a Disney Princess room, I on the other hand wanted a room she could grow in, so we added a few princess touches.  When we went to Disneyland for Halloween she had a characture drawn of her as Cinderella and we bought her a fun frame with the princess on it.  It seemed to satisfy her need for a princess room.  Although chandelier over the nightstand is her favorite princess feature!!

I am very happy with the way this room turned out.  

TTFN

Brooke

Linking Here

Monday:Mod Vintage Life*C.R.A.F.T*Mad In Crafts*Lines Across My Face*DIY Home Sweet Home*Singing Three Little Birds*Crafts Keep Me Sane*Its So Very Cheri*Made with love monday*Making monday marvelous*Pink hippo party*The DIY showoff*Motivate me monday*Craftastic monday*Mad Skills*Making the World Cuter*Made by you mondays*Just something I whipped up mondays*Market yourself monday*Show it of Monday*A Round Tuit*Meet Me Monday*Whats in the Gunny Sack*More the Merrier Monday*Do it ya Self*Creative Me Monday*Craft O ManiacTuesday:Anti-Procrastination*Tuesday Tutorial*Sew Cute Tuesday*Anything goes*Take a Look TuesdayWednesday: Grateful Belly DIY by Design*Rae Gun Ramblings*Blue Cricket Design*Domestically Speaking*The Trendy Treehouse*Savvy Southern Style*Southern Lovely*Oopsey Daisy*Creative Share*Sugar and Spice*We did it!*Show & Tell*Be Inspired*Whatever goes Wednesday*Upcycled Awesome*Lil Luna link PARTAY*ReCreate Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage*Somewhat Simple*The Charm of Home*Strut your Stuff*Transformation Thursday*Show off your Stuff*Giveaway Directory*A crafty soiree*We can do it cheaper*Hooking up with HoH*Make it Wear it*It's stinkin' cute crafts*DIY Diva Thursdays*Crazy Cute Thursdays*Thingamajig Thursday  Friday: The Shady Porch*At the Picket Fence*French Country Cottage*2805 - Potpourri Friday*Common Ground*LaurieAnna's Vintage Home*Stuff and Nonsense*The Shabby Nest*Miss Mustard Seed*Finding Fabulous*Jillify It*Thirty Handmade Days*504 Main*Fancy this Fridays*Finding fabulous*It's a hodge podge Friday*Look at me I'm so crafty*Creation Corner*Friday Flair*Show and Tell Friday*Creative Genius*Shine on Fridays*Free for All Fridays*The Grant LIfe Saturday:Weekend Wrap up Party*Saturday nite special*Show and Tell Saturdays*Weekend Soiree*Scrappy Saturdays*Six Sisters Stuff*Funky Junk Interiors*Be Different Act Normal*Candace Creations*Nutmeg Place Sunday:Think Pink Sundays*Under the Table and Dreaming*I Heart Nap Time*The DIY Showoff*Nifty Thrifty Things

29 comments:

  1. what a sweet and pretty room
    you've created for your daughter

    adore the colors
    and that chicken wire frame
    for hair things

    thanks for sharing!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously amazing! I should hire you! I am so not a good decorator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! I am pinning this! I am about to redo my daughter's room! Thanks for the inspiration!
    I would love for you to share at my party going on now!

    http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2012/04/craft-and-tell-and-40-amazon-gift-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a gorgeous room! The colors are simply amazing. I love all the details and that window seat is amazing!! I love your daughter's name too...very unique! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the subtle, bright colors. Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Where did you get the bed spread?? It's soooo pretty!!!!! I'm sooooo saving this for inspiration for Emanuelle's room!!!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is... congratulations! It doesn't look like a picture from a magazine, it looks like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome transformation! I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/live-linky-party-10.html to share this awesome post with my readers.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That room is just beautiful! I love the chicken wired "mirror" - how clever! Nice job!
    I would love if you stopped by my party to link this up - I would love ti have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute room, and I love all the furniture you found to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, this room is soo sweet!! You did an amazing job. I love the color palette and all the cute details. Well done. =)

    ~ Catie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely beautiful! I am loving those pale gray walls--they really let the sherbet-flavored colors in the room stand out. The molding really is fantastic. What a lovely space for your little girl to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty! I pinned this onto my Kids Rooms board :) I'm a new follower!!

    Kathryn
    destinationcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That room is so sweet. I love it! What a dream room for a little girl:) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my what a perfect room for a little girl!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your project!!!
    I currently have a Craft, Create and Inspire linky party going on, i would love you to stop by and link up this project...
    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_21.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am featuring your adorable room today! Feel free to stop by and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brooke -
    I am in love with this room - it is just gorgeous!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party at Embracing Change!
    So happy you were here!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! What a dramatic transformation! It is an absolutely adorable room just filled with charming details. Thank you so much for sharing it with us this past weekend at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Featuring you today - stop by to see and come grab a button from my sidebar while you are here!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! it is so beautiful! love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just love the room. I will be featuring it tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. By the way...what color did you paint the nightstand?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes the chicken wire on the mirror is awesome-you rock girl!! great room!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE this gorgeous bedroom -- LOVE the pretty colour scheme -- LOVE your budget-friendly handiwork! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration while working on my grand-daughter's bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stopping to let you know that this post was featured on this week's Tickled Pink link party! :) Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful room! What colors did you use to paint the dresser and the nightstand?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...