Friday, October 4, 2013

From Red to White

When I saw this dresser I loved the old style feel of it.  The only problem was....


It used to be red!!   Going white over red can be quite the task.
After many hours of sanding and stripping we were able to get most of the red off and the white went on very nicely!


I painted this dresser with Benjamin Moore's White Dove and then I used a water based brown glaze, which I watered down even more!  I wanted the glaze to be light but help show off the character of this piece.  I sealed it with a Poly Acrylic in Satin.


I love the details and the fun curves!



 I hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend!
The hubby's birthday is Saturday, so it should be a fun weekend of celebration!

TTFN
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...