Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Baby Brother's Nursery!!

I can't even tell you how happy I am to have our little man here!  I unfortunately am sick the entire time I am pregnant, YUCK!!  So, to keep myself distracted I refinished/made most things in his nursery. 


 We added more moldings to the walls and I resprayed the entire room as my daughter managed to do a number on it.  


We hallowed out the window seat in this room for much needed added storage (tutorial here)



I made all of his bedding, the quilt is made from Blake Riley's Scoot line.
My husband even convinced me to learn how to baste and free motion quilt!  I am glad I did, I really enjoyed it!  (tutorial here)


I had the white shelf made a few years ago, and I added vintage water spicket to the bead board.  
The other toys I found various places, I figured since this is our first boy he would appreciate playing with something other than princesses!

I refinished the dresser, and replaced the top as well (full post here)


I made the signs above his crib out of left over wood in the garage and I hand painted each sign using graphite transfer paper (tutorial here)



All of the pillows were made for scraps left over from the quilt and bed skirt. 


This nursery was so fun to put together and yes it helped keep me sane while I was pregnant!!

TTFN

Brooke

Linking Here:

Miss Mustard Seed
French Country Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...