Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My First Attempt at Upholstery...

I have been wanting to tackle an upholstery project for quite some time now.  I have a couch in my garage needing to be reupholster, however it is going to be a really big project so I decided to start with something a little a slipcover.  I have been sewing clothes and quilts for years now but upholstery was a whole new experience. 

 I didn't work from a pattern for this chair, I pieced it together on the chair.  That being said I made my fair share of mistakes, I unpicked A LOT, but I wanted the slipcover to fit this chair tight.

Completing this slipcover took sometime, I would work on it for a bit, get frustrated, and leave it until I could figure out a better way to do it.  I am happy to say Finally it is DONE!!  There are a few mistakes and tucks, but for my first go we will call it a success!

I used an drop cloth for the fabric, which I pre washed in hopes to avoid any shrinking when washed. With 3 kiddos I am sure It will have to be washed at some point!

I need to make another slipcover for an identical chair, I hope it goes a bit smoother now that I have an idea of what I am doing.  I will try to take some more pictures along the way! 

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!




  1. Brooke you did an AWESOME job...I wouldn't know where to start!! Happy New Year!

  2. You did a great job on the slipcover! Looks fantastic. I have made a few slipcovers for chairs and one loveseat plus one couch cover but yours fit so much neater than mine did. They sure get lots of use with kids. Wishing you and your loved ones all the best in the New Year!

  3. Good job. The chair looks amazing.

  4. I think you did an excellent job, and with piping too! thanks for sharing Elaine

  5. Wow, for a first attempt, it came out great! Wishing you the best for 2015!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...