Monday, October 12, 2015

DIY Painted Clock and a Gallery Wall

This clock sits on the landing at the top of our stairs.  Our landing is a little awkward to decorate as it has skinny walls in-between all the doors and this light switch messed all my plans.  Until I decided to incorporate it into the design.



And here is the after!  


I wanted a fun wall to share a little bit about my family and some things I love.
The flash card is what makes up our family 2 parents + 3 kids (by Cherry Hallow Lane)
The L is for Larsen
The little white frame says "you make me happy"
There are sheets of music in the round frames because my girls love to sing
The pallet "always be thankful" serves as a reminder (by Cotton Magnolia)
The shutter was my husbands great grandma's
And obviously love...because we love each other (by Hello Heidi)
The gold frame and hanger are just some fun things I have collected over the years.
I made the circle out of old reclaimed moldings and the arrow I made out of pallet wood.



I used DecoArts Chalky Finish paint to paint my clock.  You don't have to sand with their paint so it made for a super easy inside job.  
I used DecoArts Twinkle Writer Glitter for my love.  It definitely takes the mess out of glittering something and I love how it dries so sparkly and it doesn't flake off!




TTFN

Brooke

You can follow me here:

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Brooke - what a difference! Your wall clock has so much more character painted white and I love how it blends seamlessly with your collage wall. Love all the fun textures, colors, and interesting elements. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have looked at and admired a lot of gallery walls but I can honestly say yours is my favorite. And after you explained your reason behind each piece I liked it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, how I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this wall!!!! I am working on a gallery wall and am definitely going to be using several of your ideas. The scrabble tile frame, the flashcard, reclaimed moulding circle and the frame with mini bunting are just the fun touches that my wall was needing. Thank you so very much for sharing, I can't wait to add these ideas to my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m just stopping by to let you know that we will be featuring your gallery wall at our party that starts on Monday at 7 pm. Happy dance time! Thank you for bringing such a amazing masterpiece to our party. I hope to see you next week. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done! Of course I think the clock looks GORGEOUS, but I absolutely love the wall and all of the meaning behind it. Great job and Thank you for sharing! Visiting from Savvy Southern Style :)
    Brooke~Re-Fabbed

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a lovely job! I would love it if you would share your work at Making Broken Beautiful. This party runs every Thursday thru Sunday. Come inspire others with your creativity! http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com
    Have a great weekend!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty sure this is the best gallery wall I've ever seen. I don't do gallery walls in my home just because they don't usually excite me... BUT THIS EXCITED ME and now I want a gallery wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Featuring it tonight on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday.. You are so inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine that corner could be any sweeter! The clock is stunning and every thoughtful piece on the wall speaks volumes about you and your family. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...