Saturday, March 24, 2012

ME!!! {blog tagging game}

I am so glad Patty over at Patty's Pretty Things tagged me in the "Blog Tagging Game"
I was actually thinking the other day I don't even have an "about me" on my page.  I always enjoy learning about the person behind the blog so I thought this was the perfect way to introduce myself.  


 This is me and my hubby!!  We have been married for almost 8 years!  WOW!  We have 2 beautiful girls ages 3 and 9 months.  I am so honored to be their Mommy, even when I have to leave the room and count to 10 :)  I am also honored to have the privilege of being able to be a Stay at Home Mom!  My husband works so hard to make this possible, and I am incredibly grateful.
I love to decorate, craft, take pictures and of course blog!  This blog has been so fun for me.  It has been a way to express myself and incorporate all my hobbies.  I love to read everyones feed back and get to know people I wouldn't if it weren't for blogging!

Okay so enough of that on the questions Patty asked me! 

1. Why did you start blogging?
I started this blog as a way to keep track of the progress of our home.  Blogging motivates me to finish a project, you can't take pictures of an unfinished project, right?  

2. How did you come up with a name for your blog?
Start at Home was not my first choice for my blog title, my first choice was taken, I don't even remember what I originally wanted (It must not have been too important)  I just wanted something with the word home in it.  As we have embarked on this journey to remodel our main goal was to make this house our HOME, where we could gather as a family and enjoy one anothers company.  

3. How did you learn how to blog?
When I had my first baby girl my cousin talked me into blogging so we could better keep in touch.  (I was actually way against it LOL!)  I picked my URL and my cousin helped me get it up and running.  Look what it has turned into.  I believe at one point I had 5 blogs going!  I am officially a BLOG addict.

4. What do you like to blog about?
I love to blog before and after, probably because these are my favorite blog posts to read and I love to look back at my blog and see how far we have come, it gives me motivation to keep going.

5. How do you come up with ideas to blog about?
Hmmm, I am not sure.  This question is stumping me.  I guess I ....... like to blog about things that will inspire others.  I am not one of those people who is worried about someone else copying me.  I find it a complement if someone is inspired by something I have done.  

6. How did you decide which blog hosting service to use?  (Blogger or Word Press or...)
Honestly when I started blogging back in 2008 I didn't know word press existed.

7. What kind of camera do you use for your photos in your blog?
THIS IS MY FAVORITE QUESTION!  I LOVE photography!!  I shoot with a Nikon D90.  My 35mm Prime lense is my favorite to shoot with.  However to shoot pictures in my house I usually use my wide angle lens as it helps to capture the whole space.  I actually do some photography on the side.   Here is my photography blog Brooke Larsen Photography

8. Does your family mind if they are included in your blog posts?
No they don't mind.  My girls are only 3 and 9 months so they don't really know the difference and  I think secretly my husband likes when I include him.  I would feel guilty if I left him out as he has been a huge support and help of remodeling this house.  I couldn't have gotten this far with out him!

9. How do you feel about having ads on your blog?
I had ads on another blog I had, they didn't bother me, but well you don't really make anything from them.  

10.  How often do you blog?
I try to blog at least 2 times a week!  

11. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Have fun.  The blogging world is so much fun.  I have met some people through blogging that are some of my good friends now!  If you want to get your blog out there, join link parties, which I love.  Most importantly don't forget to be you.  I love to read blogs where the write shows their personality.  

Here are the rules to this little blogging game:

1. You must post the rules!
2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger posted for you and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
3. Tag 11 bloggers and link them to your post.
4. Let them know you've tagged them.


My questions for these bloggers.....

1.Why did you start blogging?
2.What is your favorite thing about blogging?
3.What do you do to make your blog stand out?
4.How have you marketed your blog?
5.What is the hardest thing for you about blogging?
6.How do you decide what to blog about?
7.What is your favorite post, and why?
8.When do you blog (time of day)
9.What kind of camera and gear do you use for your photos?
10.What is the best piece of advice you can give me as a new blogger?
11.What is one funny thing about you?

3 comments:

  1. It's always fun getting to know other bloggers. I enjoyed getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for playing Brooke. It was fun learning about you. I love what you have done with your home and I love the title of your blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you took part in the game. It's a great way to see who you are. I have a new blog as well and working my way through blog land. I am having so much fun and love blogging. You have such a wonderful blog with great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...