Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Adding Color to the Kitchen!

Here is a quick refresher on what my kitchen used to look like.  Here is the full post on the renovation.


After: Although it is ever changing.  My husband says with me nothing is ever done. :)



For the more Permanent items like the granite and backsplash I went with a neutral pallets so as my taste changes I can simply change out my accessories!  And right now I am loving Turquoise and Lime Green!  My main color is turquoise but I wanted to break it up a bit with Lime Green here and there.  For my neutral colors I have used Browns and Grays as they are both in my granite and backsplash.


I wanted a BIG, BOLD statement on this wall.  You can see it from the front door and almost anywhere on the main floor.  I debated on several different ideas from a chalk board  to a whole bunch of signs but decided to go with EAT really really BIG!!!

I love the statement it makes.  I created the letters out of wood from old pallets and stained them to bring out the richness in the wood.  I used Early American Stain by Miniwax, so the letters would match my floor and help bring your eye up!





 I made my own signs (tutorial to come)  I wanted them to be simple, yet bring color and personality! 




 And of course every kitchen needs a little BLING!!! 


TTFN

Brooke

Linking here
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Come decorate my house PLEASE ha ha.
    Amazing work Brooke!
    XOXO
    dani
    http://www.lovemedanimarie.com/2013/05/boyfriend-jeans-and-elephants.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great color choice on the granite. Also I LOVE your cabinets. beautiful and versatile.
    Great makeover...thanks for sharing!
    Ashley Rane Sparks
    www.makeitrane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kitchen makeover and those large EAT letters are so NEAT!!! Would love to have you share at my Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love your chairs! How did you do them? Would you mind sharing the color name and brand you used too? I want to use this color it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...