Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Evolution of my Daughters Room!

I redid my daughter's room again.  I know I am a bit crazy! 
Here is what it looked like when we first bought the house.  A little brown!



I really liked her room as seen below but it is a very small room and with the bed coming out into the room it made the space feel even smaller than it already was. (full post here, including paint colors)



I had been contemplating getting a day bed, but didn't really want to start all over.  Until I found this dresser, (full post on the dresser here)  it all snowballed after that!  First the dresser, then the day bed, then the moving of everything, then new accessories and so on and so forth!
Who would think so much goes into decorating a room right?



My daughter is very much a princess, I wanted to make sure her personality was reflected in her room! 
I glazed the shelf and picture frames to antique them! Tutorial to come on glazing!


I found some cute vintage sheet music at a local thrift store.  What fun art work!





I made her pink Pottery Barn look a like pillow, Post here  Her douvet cover I ordered from Pottery Barn Kids.  The pillows I have collected over the years, I think most came from TJ Maxx.  


I am hoping I don't decide to change her room again!  I haven't even made it to my second daughters room yet!

TTFN

Brooke


Follow Me on Pinterest

Linking here:
Co

17 comments:

  1. oooh so pretty! love the colors- that pink is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bedroom!
    That dresser is just beautiful - love how you put all of it together - even the little aqua endtable looks just perfect in there!
    Great job
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so YUMMY! I want this room.....for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! this is dreamy! love it...so girly! I have 2 girls :) I hope you stop by to link- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/03/link-party-every-tuesday.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the entire room! You pulled it together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the room. That's so funny - I did the opposite...I changed my daughter's room from a daybed to a double bed. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pink and yellow half bead-board squiggly frames. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious pastel room for your daughter. It is as sweet as can be! You should be proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke- what a sweet room! So pretty. I am sure you daughter just loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo sweet! I thought it was really cute in the "before" pics, but this is just so lovely and endearing! The framed vintage sheet music is such a winning look. You are so clever to make the Pottery Barn style pillow - adorable. What a transformation (in 2 steps) from the original brown! I have twin daughters with a pink bedroom.....my mind is spinning with ideas now for some cute touches, thanks to you!
    Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

    ReplyDelete
  11. ciao, vengo dal Winter Blues Wednesday - It's a Party #108 , è incredibile questa trasformazione,una meraviglia,i colori che hai usato sono così allegri e primaverili,stupenda!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! You did a fantastic job. I'm in love. I'm so glad I found your blog {over from DIY dreamer}. I'm your newest follower ;)
    Jamie ~ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful room. I will be featuring it tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the soft sweet colors, so I love both looks! I used to want a daybed when I was younger, so I bet she will have a lot of fun with that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHAT THAT IS NOT A SMALL ROOM! MY ROOM ISN'T EVEN ABLE TO FIT A FULL BED COMFERTABLY
    I wish my parents put effort into making my room pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. brooke, this is so crazy amazing!!! i love it!!! featuring you on the blog tomorrow night and sharing on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Brooke - This room is stunning, you did an amazing job of creating the perfectly pink space for a special little girl. Thanks again for linking up to the Pinktastic Party and for your support. Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...