Monday, October 22, 2012

Painted Floors

I have always loved the look of painted floors.  However I didn't love cleaning my white painted floor, it seemed like as soon as I finished scrubbing the floor someone came to the door and tracked dirt in.




  So, I added some camouflage!


It was super easy to paint too, granted it is a small space which makes it much easier!  When I first pulled off the tape, I was worried...


I got my sander out and really antiqued them!  After I got them sanded down to where I wanted them I put a poly over to protect the floor!

It did just what I wanted it to do...hide the dirt!!!!

TTFN

Brooke


11 comments:

  1. They look fantastic, Brooke! I love them. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke,
    Can I ask what type of paint you used for your floors and what type of poly? We have just built our house (and are painting it all ourselves). We did painted timber floors also....in white but at the entrance and kitchen added dark grey checks to assist with hiding dirt from those areas and to the stairs added a dark grey rectangle. Our builder then had someone come and seal them, which was with a very high gloss glaze. I was not expecting this as was after more of a matt or low sheen finish, even a semil gloss or gloss would have been better. The problem is with house movement the cracks in between boards are getting wider and cracking the high gloss sealant now making the paint peal etc. Looks terrible. Our builder will have to fix it under new home warranty but I am unsure as to what to do with it when it's stripped back again. Love the look of your finish!!! Sorry to ramble but would love some advice :o) :o) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. I should do that in my craft room. I just found you through the Tickled Pink party. I'm your newest follower. I'm hoping you'll follow me back at www.crazythriftycrafts.blogspot.com. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic! What a lovely entry you have. Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! Love the paint job and the distressing! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...