Monday, October 8, 2012

Painted Suitcase

I could start this post out with I LOVE OLD SUITCASES, but I seem to start every post out like that so we will just skip that part tonight.  But you can assume the statement is true! :)

Here and there I run across some awesome suitcases that I would never want to paint over, however there are a few that defiantly need a face lift.  That is where I come in!

This suitcase is pretty blah right...well we can fix that!!!


How about with a little Duck Egg Blue!!  Oh the power of paint!!!


This little table was needing a pop of color and I believe this suitcase did just that!


I can't leave out the silver 1847 tea set from Lost and Found in Bountiful!  I have always wanted one and when I saw it I do believe my mouth started watering!  Isn't she a beauty.

So if you want your own suitcase to paint here is a few tips...

Hard suitcases are best
I used Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint so I didn't have to prime 
Consider using 2 colors to accent some of the suitcases natural lines
HAVE FUN!!!

TTFN

Brooke

PS I have had A LOT of questions lately, which I enjoy, it makes me feel important!  However most of them come from NO REPLY BLOGGERS!!  If you don't know if you are a no reply blogger or not please leave your email address so I can answer your question.  If I haven't answered your previous question it is probably because I can't :(

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I would never think to paint a suitcase!.. & I probably wouldn't have thought to use those colors... It's seriously beautiful brook! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would never think to paint a suitcase!.. & I probably wouldn't have thought to use those colors... It's seriously beautiful brook! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you totally transformed that suitcase! That is such a pretty color, and I love the how you have it all styled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. darlin' :)

    Have a good day!

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. I am officially on the lookout for old suitcases!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll never look at another suitcase like that and walk on by, it looks just fab! You certainly are so good at what you do, love the furniture that you paint!

    Rondell
    PS. The teaset is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...