Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Secretarial Desk

I just finished this Beautiful Desk!  



I sanded the top down and stained it with Dark Walnut and sealed it up with a poly.  
I love how rich it makes the wood and desk look!


I added oil rubbed bronze hardware to help bring the dark rich color down!

The Desk is painted in Gray Moire By Pratt and Lambert and I accented the moldings with White Dove By Benjamin Moore.  I love how the White Dove really accents the moldings!



You know how they say you are always learning?  That was defiantly the case with this desk!

I got it all sanded down, sprayed the primer on and this is what it looked like...AHHHH the wood is bleeding through the primer.  I usually use a Latex Primer because I like the way it goes on and the clean up is much better.  But, when something, whether is is paint, wood, lettering etc bleeds an oil primer is needed.  (If you use an Oil Based Primer it is still bleeding try using a shellac Primer.)

After I used an Oil based primer this desk painted beautifully!  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.



This Desk is for sale and is a bit smaller than I have in my Living Room, but I would work great to float in the middle a a room!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love those desks, they clean up so nice. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! You did a great job of restoring it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...