Friday, September 20, 2013

An Update on My Living Room Turned Office



I was looking through my blog and I realized my living room/office has changed so much since I last took pictures of it and so here is a little tour!

Our living room in previous homes never served a purpose except to collect dust.  When we were on the hunt for a house a living room was not on our wish list, but this house had so many other things we wanted we decided to turned it into our office.  I was a bit nervous designing this room,  I wanted it to be elegant but functional and NOT scream HOME OFFICE every time I opened the door.

Here is a little refresher on the BEFORE:




Welcome to our HOME!!

I wanted our Entry way to tell our story to whoever came to the front door.  The items displayed all have a story behind them or represent who we are!  You can read the full post here.






This cute little chest was given to use by my mother in law at our wedding.  Her father made it from old barn wood, isn't it so cute?  It used to be red and ever since I refinished it she keeps trying to take it back, it may just be gone one day!


My awesome husband found this desk, it is a HUGE 6 foot HEAVY BEASTLY desk, that took 4 guys to get it in and they even took out my floor in the process.  It was so big I refinished it right there, and I don't intend on ever moving it, good thing I love it!



You may remember my hutch I refinished not too long ago (post here)...here is where is sits and I still love it!  It is my favorite piece and makes me smile every time I see it!  I had family over for dinner and I felt so grown up when I said to my mom, "will you please get the nice china out of the hutch."  LOL right?!?! 


I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!

TTFN

Brooke

TGIF


Sunday: 

Monday:


Tuesday:
Coastal Charm

Wednesday


25 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous entryway and your office looks absolutely perfect where it is - I never would have thought of doing that - but WOW it looks like it was meant to be like that forever!
    Beautiful job!
    LOVE your paint colors :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home,love your taste, and your collage on the wall.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful space! :) How interesting that your entryway opens into your office to the left. =D I need to read further into your blog to get the big picture of your layout! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so good! i really love the wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!! I love the desk!!! I can see why your mother-in-law wants that chest back. It's stunning. You did a great job of refinishing it!! I love the colors too!! Loving it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your photos look like they were from a magazine! The entry and office are amazing! What color did you paint the walls--I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--it looks great! What a great job you have done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I think it's great when people make their homes their own and use spaces for their unique purposes instead of how they "should" be used. Makes more sense that way. In fact, we've rearranged a few rooms in our house to do just that.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful home and beautiful office!

    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautiful makeover! I love the plank wall in the hallway and your decor is just beautiful! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love how that turned out. You have amazing taste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! It looks amazing! Don't forget to link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from Kathe with an E's party! I just LOVE your style. It is so similar to the things I like. I really love the colors, and the white makes it all pop. I like how you painted the background to your cabinets in a teal color also. Beautiful home! ~Rebekah from weliveinspired.

    ReplyDelete
  14. my goodness, that's some after! love your wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Brooke,
    I guess, this is my first visit in your home. Shame I did not find you b4 but it is not too late to stroll over your place. Lots to drool for.

    OMG! how I wish I have this space. It seems your office is as big as the whole house I have, LoL*

    Lovely and it's absolutely FABULOUS transformation.

    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHat a absolutely gorgeous space! I love everything you have done, thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, Brooke! What a difference from the before. I love the gallery wall too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the transformation! Such a lovely room and functional as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a welcoming space! You did a great job keeping it from screaming home office. Thank you for sharing this on this weeks Creative Muster. Now that you found our party I hope that you'll continue to join us every Tuesday evening. Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a huge difference. It looks gorgeous (not quite my personal style - but I recognise style when I see it!) That cute little chest works brilliantly!
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE that creamy chest and the suitcase you have on top! Beautiful! I'm co-hosting the Creative Muster party this week and had to drop by to check out your link! Thanks for sharing at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, stunning makeover. I love it, such a fabulous space. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adore your entryway! You are one of the features at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on over and grab a feature button for your blog. Here is the link to this week's bash. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/09/anything-blue-friday-week-27.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! I just love your floors and how you transformed your living room into a bright and airy office! Very tastefully done! I would really love for you to share this post on Friday at Stylish Friday Finds! I love a good makeover and so do my readers :)
    Have a stylish day!
    Karen
    http://www.astylishinterior.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks so good nd feeling so happy to see your interior designs.Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...