Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday's Tip: Eliminating Brush Strokes



Get asked often why I don’t have brush strokes in my furniture, well the truth is, I spray most of my furniture, but when I can’t spray a piece there are a few tricks I use!




  The first most important is make sure you have a good brush.  Nicer brushes naturally leave fewer paint lines.  I have had really good luck with the brand Purdy, they are sold at Home Depot or Lowes and run $15 to $20 a brush.  Next I add Floetrol to my paint at a 3:1 ratio.  Floetrol helps eliminate brush strokes it also makes your paint dry slower allowing for more working time, a gallon of Floetrol is about $15 at Lowes.  If you don’t want to use Floetrol adding a bit of water to your paint can also help with brush strokes.  When painting use nice long straight brush strokes, this will help make your strokes less noticeable!  I hope this helps on your next painting adventure!

TTFN

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...