Monday, July 22, 2013

Update Your Dated Fixtures!

Yes these are the awesome fixtures that were originally in our basement, complete with LOTS of dust.  


New light fixtures are so expensive these days I thought I would give the fixture a little facelift before kicking it to the curb.  I scrubbed the glass and spray painted the base with Rustoleum in Oil Rubbed Bronze.  It really helped wouldn't you agree but they still were not exactly what I was looking for.  


And so I added a lamp shape and some jewels! LOVE!



Here is a little peak from under the lamp shade.  I simply took the glass off pushed the lamp shade over the light bulbs.  I did not alter the light fixture at all.  I have to say in all of my refinishing this was the EASIEST fix ever.



And I can't forget my Chandelier that hangs in the guest room.  
My neighbor was taking this one down and was kind enough to think of me.  
Jackpot, and I love everything about it!



I hope everyone had a wonderful MONDAY! 

TTFN

Brooke

Linking Here:

2 comments:

  1. Such a difference and with such ease - the best type of DIY! I did something really similar a few years back: http://thepaintedhive.net/2010/06/ceiling-light-revamp/
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It's amazing what a new lamp shade and decorative beads make such a difference. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...