Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Update to the Grandfather Clock

My husband and I bought this clock brand new, it was one of the first pieces we bought together.  I remember being so excited to bring it home, I have loved it ever since!  
When we bought it 8 years ago I really liked black furniture, but I was ready for something lighter.


I love how the white pops against my walls.  It really lightens up our landing.  I painted this clock with DecoArts Chalky Finish white paint. This is a great paint to use over the top of something that has been lacquered.  I have painted several pieces of furniture that were previously lacquered with latex and other specialty paints and so far this paint has help up the very best.  I lightly sanded this clock and wiped it down really good before I painted it.  Since I was going from black to white I applied about 4 coats to get really good coverage.   




I then lightly distressed the details to let the black show through, and I sealed it with a water based poly urethane as I know sticky hands will be all over it.  



  This clock is a Howard Miller, it isn't anything too fancy, the clock is powered by batteries, but I love all of the details and those cute little feet.  


You can see my full gallery wall post here
and my Paint colors here

TTFN

Brooke

You can follow me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...